The Fiorina Group has been dealing with type 1 diabetes mellitus for more than 10 years. In particular Prof. Fiorina published several scientific works both on the study of the immune response and its modulation in patients with diabetes, on acute and chronic complications of type 1 diabetes, on the role of stem cells in diabetes, on transplantation of islets in murine preclinical models and in clinical trials.
The projects developed by the group have a typically translational direction, where basic research meets the clinical application and this makes the results of extreme interest to the scientific community. Currently the group is focusing on the following topics:
- Development of a Type 1 Diabetic therapy
- Definition of pancreatic regeneration mechanisms
- New strategies to modify the microbial in type 1 diabetes
- The study of circulating beta-toxins
- Entherostaminin 2.0
- Immunoassay of IPS-beta derived cells
WHAT SERVICE DO WE OFFER?
The Fiorina Group, taking advantage of its great experience in the type 1 diabetes study, offers the following
- Immuno-phenotyping of immune cells (T, B and macrophage lymphocytes)
- Functional mapping of the immune response (quantification of immune response to stimuli, compounds, proteins, peptides via Elispot assay)
- Trascriptome profiling through arrays
- Cytokines profiling, Analysis of circulating soluble factors (Bio-Plex 200)
- Expression studies by confocal microscopy
AVAILABLE DAY AND SCHEDULES
COSTS / HOUR GROUP
COSTS / HOUR EXSTERNAL
FACS BD Celesta
THE SERVICE COST IS APPROPRIATE FOR APPROVAL BY THE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT
PUBLICATIONS FIORINA GROUP
DONATION FIORINA GROUP
Your donation for:
Gabriele is 6 years old and has type 1 diabetes. Since he has discovered that he has diabetes, Gabriele thinks that he misses something.
Like a piece of a puzzle. That makes him different, sick.
To give him that one piece which is missing.
To make him come back to feel like the others.
To get him back to playing serene.
Offer your help in the research for type 1 diabetes.
Donate to the Fiorina Group.
You can make your donation by bank transfer to the following references or via Paypal.